My chicks were due yesterday

Trog

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Bloomer
I am new to this and I am not sure if this is the correct place to post. My chicks were due yeterday and there is no sign of activity in the incubator. No foul odor, temp is right. I'm not sure how long I should wait. This is my first set and I set them on the 2nd of may at 8:30p.m. I'm not quite sure what to do.
hmm.png

WELCOME!!! Your in the right thread. One of the great things about this forum is that you never have to wait long for someone to stop by and help you out.
big_smile.png

Someone more experienced than I am will come in and give you the correct advice! All i can offer is
hugs.gif
and
fl.gif
fl.gif
that your fuzzies just wanted some more cooking time!

Yes, still waiting for advice...Are they typically right on schedule? Can I do somrthing to say...help them along or is this a lost cause...How can they be in there and not doing anything! Oh, man this is a test!
hmm.png

I'll check back later. Hopefully there will be some action soon. So discouraging.

When did you last candle them? Was there any activity inside the egg at that point? If your temps were running slightly low they can take a little longer. I've only done one hatch and mine started on the 22nd day because my temps ran a bit low. Not much you can do at this point except wait it out.

Good luck!!
fl.gif

Last night at 8:30 would be the end of the 21st day. You should be expecting some pips today, followed by hatching. If they don't start today, I wouldn't give up hope. Slightly low temperatures can delay a hatch by a day or three. Or they could just be lazy lil buggers like some of mine that hatched 3 days after everybody else!
Hatching eggs will teach lots of patience (or drive you crazy).
Good luck on your hatch!
fl.gif

Don't give up hope just yet! If I've learned anything from two failed attempts and one sucessful one in progress, it's that they will come out in their own time. I wouldn't worry that nothing has happened yet until day 23 or so. Whatever you do, DO NOT open the incubator at all! I didn't know this on my first try and have only myself to blame for no success. I was always opening it so the temp and humidity were never stable. Keep us updated, and don't give up yet!
hugs.gif

Don't worry, mine are hatching today that I set on the 1st. Sometimes they just take a little longer. If your temps were off just slightly, it'll delay their hatch. Sit back, read a book, but do NOT open the incubator.

Good luck!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom