My chiken did not lay today

I believe it takes 25 hours between eggs. So yes, she won't lay every single day. Also, expect her to take breaks from time to time, like when she molts. Or if she goes broody. Or in really hot or really cold weather. There's so much to learn, isn't there! Lots of good articles here on BYC. Have fun!

She's taking a day off.

It takes about 25 hours for an egg to form, a new ova is released shortly after an egg is laid.
A new egg could be laid approximately every 25-26 hours, so an hour or so later every day until one is laid late in the day and another ova might not be released until the following day, so a day off. BUT..very hen is different and only time will tell what a particular hen/pullets schedule might be. Not every hen/pullet lays every day..some only lay a few a week.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:

She's taking a day off.

It takes about 25 hours for an egg to form, a new ova is released shortly after an egg is laid.
A new egg could be laid approximately every 25-26 hours, so an hour or so later every day until one is laid late in the day and another ova might not be released until the following day, so a day off. BUT..very hen is different and only time will tell what a particular hen/pullets schedule might be. Not every hen/pullet lays every day..some only lay a few a week.

I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:
Yeah your right cause now she lays in the morning ever since her "day off" thanks you i will check out the video

Back
Top Bottom