My coop and run

cary 1973

Songster
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
Henderson Nevada aka Las Vegas
My chicken coop and run the chicken coop in 8 feet long 4 feet wide about 4 to 5 feet high and the run is 6 feet long I still have a little bit left to do but its almost done Most of th material is used or recycled wood

The floor base

Dad starting the fram work

back side of coop frame

Front of coop frame

all framed up

rosting bar up

side and window all done

almost all done i still need to paint the roof or add shingles not sure wich yet

looking to the right of door the ramp up to roosting bar and window

still to the right

to the left this vent has cool air going in from inside house and there fav corner to roost (the cage at bottom was nursery cage its no longer in coop after week one of them moving in.

looking through the window . Must add thank god for sand it dryes up poop and there is no smell and extermly easy to rake out and clean add to posting soil when low just add more sand. life saver.

the chicken run (this run is tem till i finshin this area up and clip wings so this is entrance to run

second part of run there is grass in it now.

This is my new 4'x 8'x 4' chicken tractor. The roof slides off for easy feeding and watering. The back hinges down for easy cleaning, and there's a door on the run. I fashioned a hopper-style feeder from 3" pvc and a plunger base. It hangs from a screw to keep it off the floor. The quart-size waterer snaps into a holder to keep it off the floor as well. The nesting box is made from a bucket I had in my shed. Everything was built with minimal expense. The frame is made of treated 2x4's ripped in half and screwed together. (Pre-cut 2x2's are significantly more expensive than 2x4's of the same length.) The sides of the henhouse are made from very inexpensive fence boards. The whole thing is lightweight and can be moved with little effort. A friend of mine with a lot of chickens is giving me two hens to get started.

the side are off big storage beens a whear house was throwing away :} that saved lots of money thank god and the window my dad had laying around for ever and then the black bars on one front opening window is a bottom of my bird cage. I had to buy the press board ruff which i still need to finish I do have tin roofing I can put on it but being in vegas im affrad it can get to hot during the summer IDK. I had to buy everything else

This is my new 4'x 8'x 4' chicken tractor. The roof slides off for easy feeding and watering. The back hinges down for easy cleaning, and there's a door on the run. I fashioned a hopper-style feeder from 3" pvc and a plunger base. It hangs from a screw to keep it off the floor. The quart-size waterer snaps into a holder to keep it off the floor as well. The nesting box is made from a bucket I had in my shed. Everything was built with minimal expense. The frame is made of treated 2x4's ripped in half and screwed together. (Pre-cut 2x2's are significantly more expensive than 2x4's of the same length.) The sides of the henhouse are made from very inexpensive fence boards. The whole thing is lightweight and can be moved with little effort. A friend of mine with a lot of chickens is giving me two hens to get started.

what did you use for the bottom of your feeder? I haven't decided what I will use yet

Back
Top Bottom