My Coop - Part 1/2/3/4/5

equusvilla

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 6, 2010
South Texas
http://equusvilla.blogspot.com/2010/04/chicken-coop-101.html

I
was all by myself Saturday and this is what I got done. All excited that my hubby would be home to help me on Sunday - we awoke to thunder storms, thunder and lightening! So - no walls yet.

edited to add: BTW - just wanted to give everyone a big big thank you for sharing your knowledge and so many pictures. It helped me (a newby to raising chickens) to hopefully do it right the first time!

Last edited:
Looking good...be sure to keep us posted on the progress. Is that a house/barn combo at the top of the page? I like it, nice!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yes - I live in what my builder calls a "Barn-do-minium"....
sickbyc.gif
Gag me - I hate that term.

Plans were to build a normal house on the other side of the property and maybe rent this out...but ..well life happens and we are still in the barn 8 years later. Only one concern is that I will be
old.gif
still living above the barn and trying to cart groceries upstairs ...in the rain! ha ha ..

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif
Great job! I'm building my own small starter/brooder coop, but definitely need to start planning the "real" coop now. Babies arrive next week and they grow up so fast. I love the idea of a framing kit. Hmmmm... need to check into this. I also love and miss "First Mondays" at Canton, TX (son used to live near there). Awesome nesting boxes!!

Back
Top Bottom