My Coop Project (Pic Heavy)

slabcrappy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
Orchard Park, NY
All,

First, I want to thank you for all of your information and posts to help people like me pull something like this off. I very much enjoy projects such as this, but without reading these posts for the last year, I would never know the information that you all have taught me. Please enjoy this picture story, I will update as I progress in the project.

Here are the posts going in. I did 6 posts for for the coop. It is 6X8 and the posts are set in concrete:
see below post...

Here is the floor:
see below post...

The walls being made:
see below post...

The walls being put up on the floor (the floor was lag bolted to the 4X4s:
see below post...

More to follow...

Last edited:
All,

First, I want to thank you for all of your information and posts to help people like me pull something like this off. I very much enjoy projects such as this, but without reading these posts for the last year, I would never know the information that you all have taught me. Please enjoy this picture story, I will update as I progress in the project.

Here are the posts going in. I did 6 posts for for the coop. It is 6X8 and the posts are set in concrete:

Here is the floor:

The walls being made:

The walls being put up on the floor (the floor was lag bolted to the 4X4s:

More to follow...

Here are the 4 walls up:

My brother, TonySorrento by name on BYC, has helped me all along. His coop/barn modification sparked my interest on having a coop for my girls. Plus the fact that my wife said that if I got any more chicks that I would have to move them out of their current living arrangement, the back of the garage! I also forgot to tell you that I had a bunch of 2X6 left over from another project on the house. The floor and roof joists are made of them and the walls are made of the 2X6's ripped in half...

This is a side view after the paneling was hung on that side. It is 3/8 inch fiberboard that is rot/insect free for 30 years. They sell at Home Depot for $25 a sheet. I needed 7 of them. It is starting to come together...

Trimming the roof out...

More to follow...

Thanks for looking.

Sal

Last edited:
The side shot of the front and side with the paneling on...

One of the 11 reasons I am doing this. One of the New Hampshire Reds in this pic...

I take that back, here are 2 more reasons!!

Side, up close shot at the 4X4 supports. These will also serve as hanging flower basket brackets to pretty it up..

Furthur shot with the chicken door cut out...

Last edited:
OH, OK! Thank you. I cannot see them on my end. I will keep going then...

i fixed them for you. this site apparently doesnt recognize the typical

Yes post them ot BYC.Too hard to keep going to anotehr website for each. You did it it seems in one post .d othe rest.

Just click on the icon in the line where B for bold ,size, font etc is... at the top of the new thread you post
.A square that looks like a colored picture next to the one that looks like a film strip .If you hover over it it says" image"
Click on it it will then say " browse" and then add them to your post .WAitng to see the rest.!!.

Back
Top Bottom