My coop, run, and new chicken tractor!!!

Sweet Cheeks,

No, it doesn't have any on the bottom or that aprons out...I do have some chicken wire laying around, and may add that tommorrow. I've thought about it, and it is probably a good idea. The tractor is fairly heavy and whatever dug under would have to dig quite a bit to get under.

I'm also looking for some cheap (read FREE) wheels. I'm going to attatch axels to all for corners with slide on wheels for moving it. (Hopefully that makes sense, it does in my head
big_smile.png
)

If anyone has any other suggestions for the tractor or the coop, I would appreciate them. I added a heat lamp in the tractor for the nights...

Fantastic! Looks like your crew has a great home. How nice to have a ready-made coop fall into your lap! (Envy, envy).
smile.png

dee

I am getting thoughts together to build my first run or outside turnout. You did a great job and I like the looks of the run and I think I could build something like. I am a 61 years old and by myself. What size is the turn out and could I move it with out help? Hey, I am woman, hear me roar!
big_smile.png
I have 11 new chicks, BCM and BC, that are about 2 weeks old.
New to keeping up nice chicks...in the pased I had mutts, that ran around my horse barn.

Great job! I would think about putting wire on top of the run so nothing can fly/climb/jump in when you're not looking.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom