My Cornish...4-5 weeks old...PICS

You have pics of MY birds there! The bin at TSC was marked as White Leghorn, but from the coloring (I'm telling you, they are IDENTICAL to your birds!), I believe they are RSL chicks. I sure hope so, 'cause I don't want to have to kill these chicks. Please, someone help!!

The white with the brown feathers are definitely MALE and are red sex links. The others with the cream down the neck, beats me, but I have three of them as well. They are NOT CORNISH X's! California white is what I was told when I called the hatchery. At first I kept thinking they must have dust bathed in our red clay.
roll.png
They are NOT pure white like my White Plymouth Rocks are. They aren't lean like a leghorn is. Sooooo.... The only good thing, mine appear to be pullets! Otherwise, beats me!

They were sold in the pullets bin at TSC. That is mine were. The white with cream colored necks.

EDITTING TO SAY.... MAYBE NOT RED SEX LINK MALE! UGH! SEEMS THE DEKALB AMBER LINKS ARE WHITE WITH THE BROWN FEATHERS AND ARE PULLETS!!!! more confusing for us backyard owners! Ugh!
roll.png

Last edited:
Dekalb Amberlinks - pullets
After having been away from the US market for several years, she is back by popular demand. Mainly white with some brown feathers, the Amberlink has become a favorite, with her beautiful full brown egg color. Mt Healthy is one of the very few hatcheries in the county to offer this variety. http://www.mthealthy.com/product/AMBER-p

I'm
LMAO now as Mt Healthy does NOT even sell a Calfornia White! So I've no idea, but do know it is NOT A CORNISH X! Maybe what I posted above....

Or here is the link to what they do sell, and I only see a few white chickens listed!

http://www.mthealthy.com/page/1395107

Last edited:
Hey Sam, I went to the Mt. Healthy website to look at what they have.

I think you picked up some Dekalb Amberlinks.

Here's a pic, they are a brown egg layer.

((Not my pic))
getAsset.aspx

-Kim

Quote:
Nooo! You beat me to it, now my post is without purpose!

Anyway, Sam, it looks as though they are pretty plump either way. They may grow slower, but they'll still taste good when they get to the table.

-Kim

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, thank goodness!! Now I can finally BREATHE again! Even though all six of mine are roos, I'm planning on keeping at least three; they're just so darn SWEET (and spoiled)!
celebrate.gif

So, since the Amberlinks look like they mature so much faster, would their combs and wattles mature faster, too? I'm just wondering now if all of mine really ARE roos!
hu.gif

Quote:
See... that's a good question!
Apparently the roos do NOT look like the hens, HOWEVER I haven't found a roo picture yet!!! Apparently Mt Healthy does NOT sell the roos either! At least, I don't see a photo of one where it says choose what you want! So maybe they are only letting the hens sell at this point???

BTW, says they are made by a RIR and either a Sussex or BR hen!

I'm so darn confused!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom