My cost efficient chicken house... Feedback is def appreciated. *PICS*

Ditto on the square footage (4 sf of coop floor space per bird, 10 sf of run space per bird), Hardware cloth (1/2" fastened with 1 1/2" decking screws through fender washers)
and as much ventilation as you can fit in.

Nice coop !!!
caf.gif

Thanks for all the feedback.

The Run is 3' x 3' x 2.5' and the coop is 3' x 3' x 1.5'. That gives me 22.5 cubic feet of run volume, and 13.5 cubic feet of chicken house volume. Would I be able to house 3-4 chickens in this?

I personally would not give less than 4 square feet per bird interior floor space, especially in hot weather. With standard size birds, that would really only be 2 birds, certainly no more than 3. With bantams, you could get 4-5 in there. 3 x 3= 9 and 9 / 4 sf= 2.25 birds.

Well I definately do not want just 2 or 3 three chickens...hmm! I can't believe I'm already thinking about expanding and I haven't even put tenants in yet.
big_smile.png

Quote:
You can save yourself a few buck by getting left over or unwanted paint from HomeDepot for $1-$2 if you don't mind the color. I am not using metal latch, but rather a small piece of wood 3"x1"x.5" with a screw in the middle. The screw is not really tight that allow to easy lock/unlock as you turn.

I love the recycled projects... I have one going to and believe it is the ONLY way to go, especially if you are working on a small budget... Cute! Cute! I like the ladder coming in from the bottom, FUN!

Back
Top Bottom