My cousin is afraid to eat fresh eggs

backintime

Songster
13 Years
Apr 7, 2008
Northern Wisconsin
My cousin (who is in his 50's) refused to eat fresh eggs at my house. He loves my chickens, but said, "I just can't get past it." Whatever IT is. A chicken butt, maybe?

He said, "I like my eggs pasteurized." I said he was confusing eggs with milk, because eggs are just washed, which I also do.

Now here comes the funny part . . . he said, "Well, I just like that part where they load them up on the truck and drive them around before I get them."

th.gif

roll.png
Omigosh, what some people believe! I did have a nephew once who asked what we had to do to the eggs before we could eat them. I said go to the nest, collect them and put them in the fridge or in the frying pan, nothing more. He was amazed. My DIL will not eat brown eggs. But then, she's always been really weird anyway.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I took my mom some eggs when we had our EE's, of course they were green. My BIL would not eat them, then again neither would my sister!
th.gif

It did take some talking myself into getting past the "I know whose butt these came from" but I don't see how anyone could not eat fresh eggs over store bought.
idunno.gif

"pasturizing" an egg mearly means they nearly cooked the thing to kill any existing bacteria that might be within the shell & innards. Then, they dip the eggs in an oily substance that seals the shell (because the natural protective bloom has been removed long before the pasturizing process) to keep bacteria from re-entering the egg. Sounds yummy, don't it?
lol.png

IMO - your cousin is silly, but to each their own and more eggs for you & yours.
wink.png

Quote:
My sis-in-law won't eat brown eggs either!
sickbyc.gif
As if color affects the taste of the egg! Heck, guess when my Marans or EE's start laying she won't eat them either! She's a weird person for sure!
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom