My cousin is afraid to eat fresh eggs

lau.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
:lau:lau oh my gosh, that's so funny, I just about fell out of my chair. Are you ever gonna tell him...?

I keep a few store egg cartons around for the squeamish- that way, they think I got them the expensive brown eggs, not the cheapo white ones! And there are the folks who never knew a hen could lay an egg without a roo-

barnie.gif

I was happy to find this post. I was going to ask everyone why my in laws are all nervous about eating my fresh eggs. I am starting my own backyard flock in March/April and I keep hearing them say that they won't eat them because they haven't been pasturized. Personally, I'd rather eat an egg from a hen I know has been well cared for and fed than factory farm hens. Even now before my chickens arrive I have been only buying cage free local eggs. Even if it costs a dollar more!!

Oh and one of my inlaws actually said she'd be afraid she'd crack an egg and find a baby chick in her frying pan....um...I'm not getting a rooster. Helloooo!!!

Challenge them to find anywhere on a store carton that says they've been Pasturized!!! Maybe they pick the carton up and pass it in front of their faces so they've been 'past your eyes' but eggs aren't pasturized.
Yipes!!

Quote:
I was the same way with the silkie eggs at first...I think it's harder than with regular eggs because they are such tiny, cute little things. I cured myself of all reluctance by making a quiche with half a dozen silkie eggs, and it was so fabulous that even my teenager pronounced it the best quiche ever. Funny how the mind works...apparently outstanding deliciousness (and five kinds of cheese) overrides squeamishness!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom