My destiny has changed ! They moved in, pic's on on 36

Quote:
gig.gif
....and make sure you name your next chick after your mom.
bun.gif

It would be hilarious if you named it after your mom.
lau.gif

I read all the comments and I will reply later. I just came back from my son's doctor. He said his throat hurted him but he's fine now. And went on to Homedepot to get more hardware stuff and I must go out there and give it my 110 % while my 2 yr is sleeping. I will take pic's today and post them later today. Thank you all for your support, I really appriciate it. The first thing I did this morning is to look outside if my 4 panels are still standing and they were, so that is an excellent site to see. But my mom said " There wasn't any wind last night" Well, I slept 3 in the morning and yes there were winds, so there you go !!!! I will change into my working cloths and see you all later
smile.png

You can do it, and the heck with anyone telling you otherwise!
thumbsup.gif

We know you can, and you know you can. You will be so proud of the coop when it's done, knowing it was built by your own two hands. Think of all the new skills you will have learned after this!

Please keep us updated and add pics of your progress!

You can do it, show all the people who are telling you no or you can't that you can that is the best thing to do. When ever anyone has told me I can't do something I do it just to show that I can. Good luck keep us posted.

ASK FOR HELP - HERE!!!! There are 900 people signed in at any one time. Someone will help with the next hurdle, (may have to move the computer out to the construction shed) (closer to the answers). Do a lot of research on BYC
caf.gif
and go for it. When it's all done, set yourself up a little table and one chair, place a napkin on the table topped with a bottle of red wine and a glass, "TOAST TO THE NEW COOP"
love.gif
and watch the sun go down behind YOUR
wink.png
new accomplishment. The chickens will show their appreciation
D.gif
and we'll await the pictures.
pop.gif
droolin.gif

Quote: "Build her hell for stout, 'pretty' always takes care of herself." .... Charlie Settlemeyer.

The next 2 pic's is a small portable run I've made for the chic's to use during the day time instead of free ranging, I could pull this to anywhere few hours at a time.
It's 8x8 and 3 ft high.

73058_dsc03252.jpg

73058_dsc03253.jpg

The next pic's is what I'm working on. The run will be 16x32. I made 8 panels, size 6ft high and each panel is 8ft long. 2 panels on each side and 4 panels on the other side, since there is a fence on the oppsite side, I will only be putting 4x4 posts to support the roof.

73058_dsc03254.jpg

73058_dsc03255.jpg

73058_dsc03257.jpg

73058_dsc03258.jpg

I don't know what came over my brother, but he called his friend to come over and give me an estimate. I know him and he is not cheap, not to me of course. So he looked at my work site and told me I should of done concrete instead of using stones and dirt for the posts. I've digged 2ft to the ground and but 4x4 and the height is not 6ft, same as the panels. He said he'll put up couple of posts and do the A-frame roof for me for $1,500 plus the materials used for the roof. He said he didn't need any screws, free of charge, oh well that changes everything
tongue.gif
. I mean if he have said, including materials and 4x16 coop (I have those materials on site) and labor for $1,500, I would went for it. But only the labor for $1,500 WOW that is way to pricey for me. I'm still waiting for the guy that asked for $200 a day for the roof to contact me. My mom says just give $1,500, what is the big deal. I asked her if she was going to give me that money, she said no, so don't t tell me that it isn't a big deal, I said. I had just about enough !!! How hard is it to put the panels up, and do A-frame roof ? I am not concerned about doing the coop, that's easy for me but A-frame roof is my challenge. So after sitting out and staring at the panels, I went inside and re-think this whole thing over again.

how rude of them i hate when people do thing like that. have you ever though of building it yourself you can go to home depot and they can cut the wood to the size you want, a gal can do anything even build her own coop good luck i hope you get your coop build soon:D

Quote:
This is the closest I got on how to make the frame and put shingles and wow to say the least, that scared me
ep.gif
. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrii5DJ5qVo&feature=related
Walls are ok, I got no concerns in that area. The roof framing and putting up shingles is my biggest concern and challenge, especially doing it by myself. You're still lucky your hubby is a bit handy. My hubby can't tell the difference between a circular saw from a drill.
Thank you
smile.png

Last edited:
If you've built what we've ween so far, you can certainly do the rest. Do your homework on BYC and go for it! lots of things to consider, don't get the pony in front of the cart. Use screws ---they're easier to remove
he.gif
. Lots of ventilation, and you can always add on.

Back
Top Bottom