My destiny has changed ! They moved in, pic's on on 36

Quote:
LOL
gig.gif
. 2 weeks, my hubby called an electrian guy to fix something in the basement and they both decided to relocate my washing machines drainage pipe to the sub pump. The guy used 2 same size pvc pipes and did not attach them correctly, so the very next day when I was doing laundry, the laundry room was flooded. My hubby calls the guy and he says it's impossible. What an idiot, like I have a lie dept to give him. So my hubby goes down to fix hit himself and he dropped the tip of the screw driver in between the wall and floor gap (unfinished laundry room) So just left it alone. Few days later, he went on to his business trip across the country leaving me with flooded laundry room and unworking washing machine. I made 3 trips to Homedepot and explained to them 1 by 1 and finally got the small part to connect them. But my mom won't wait until tomorrow morning, she rushes downstairs and decides to do it on her own. Well, it flooded again. She tells me that the washing machine is far more important then your chicken run/coop. I told her, I am not waiting ANYMORE. It's my husbands fault for hiring that idiot in the first place, let him come and hire a professional and make a sink and then I will do the laundry orelse I would end up with flooded laundry room where I also use it for storage. Turns out, I have to hide my tools from mommy too, LOL. In my case it isn't about breaking them, it's about not using them correctly and causing me more problems at the end.

I really appriciate it Sheila, you are very thoughtful and kind, thank you
smile.png

OMG!!! I can't believe these things are being said to you!! "you're a woman, you can't build this by yourself" INDEED!!
rant.gif
Can't believe your mom either...my goodness..and telling you to get rid of your animals? That would not fly in my house...

You go girl...and don't even LET them help you...every time they will look upon your coop they will be put to shame because YOU, the HOUSE WIFE, did it all by yourself. You believe in yourself and we believe in you
woot.gif

Quote:
awww thank you hon
smile.png
You would expect the person who gave birth to you to understand how much you love animals, right ? Or the man who married you after dating 5 years and one of the negotiation before marriage was to bring my 6 cats (at that time) with me. But hey, thank God my sons love animals too and nothing and no one get in the way of that....

Brattish Taz;

I'm affraid if I name my next chick after my mom, I would hold a grudge against the poor bird
wink.png
But I think I will name her "Strength"

You can do it yourself! Any part of the building you are not sure about, including putting on shingles, can be found online. You can even find video demo of how to do shingles and framing for walls. Most you would need is an extra set of hands to hold walls up to connect them. We built walls for our shed in garage on the floor, then carried them out to site and connected them. Put the whole thing together in a day that way. I am in the boat where hubby will say he will do it but if I wait on him to completely finish (work often intervenes, he is a soldier) a project they would never get done. He helped me start my coop and I finished it. He did do the door to my run for me this weekend so he gets bonus points for that. You also know all of us on here will give you any info you need to get your coop/run completed. I wish you the best of luck on completing your project.
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif
I have built everything I have in my chicken yard myself and I am a women, an old one at that! I have learned through many years how to make a rope your second set of hands, or use a tree for support temporarily, or just put the garbage can there until you can get it nailed just right. My stuff isn't beautiful, it didn't cost a lot of money, but it is functional and protects my birds. I get that "your an old women, you can't do that" all the time, I just ignore them and keep on doing what I am doing.

You can do it...and your son can help you....they enjoy doing things like that in small amounts. When my grandkids where your sons ages, they would go out there and "help" me. The bigger one really did, but the younger one just hammered nails into board that I wasn't really using to help grandma. This past summer at 15, my grandson built his own duck coop, it isn't the prettiest thing you have ever seen, but it is strong and protects the ducks from preditors...if they would stay in it.

thumbsup.gif
Keep up the good work and pics please!!!

Believe me, I understand...
hugs.gif

My motto: "Success is the best revenge!" That motto got me through 4 1/2 years of college, and now I'm an RN with a very good job. Ex husband never let me do anything except work and clean the house. We would never go anywhere, and I LOVE to travel. If I would be visiting my family, we always had to leave like 2 hours into the visit so I could go home and "clean". Gee, thanks, jerk. He sat and watched TV and I had to clean, all the time. I couldn't have any friends, and he needed "2 weeks notice" if I wanted to visit my parents, who lived an hour away. His true belief was that I married him so I could take care of him. He didn't give a crap about me at all, I even had surgery and had to come home from the hospital and wash dishes. Also, after giving birth to my daughter, I was again discharged to home and he left me a total sinkful of dishes of his - which I had to do promptly upon return home with my brand new baby. OK, I'm getting myself worked up, so I'll stop complaining about him.

Now I take DD all over the place, including Disney 2x, 2 cruises, trips to Nashville and San Antonio, etc. etc. He is green with envy, and I LOVE IT!!! I remarried 9 years ago to my DH who helps me do whatever I want (well, almost). Our construction skills are
sickbyc.gif
, but at least we try! Oh, plus my DH now loves my mom, and she always travels with us! Ex husband never let me even talk to my mom on the phone without even listening in on the conversation.

This year we are building a grape arbor/very large chicken run, putting up a dog run, and a privacy fence. Please, please stick with this! We are all rooting for you!!! You go, girl!!

P.S. - Please don't read that I'm encouraging you to get a divorce - that's not my intention at all!!! I'm just venting!
somad.gif
DD had her tonsils and adenoids out last week and still is uncomfortable, and she was at ex husbands this weekend and all he did was yell at her and drag her to Walmart. I am fuming at him.
somad.gif
:mad:
rant.gif

My mom who knew nothing about chickens a few months ago, has helped me to learn about them since I told her I wanted to raise chicks for 4-h. She knew nothing about chicken coops but after a lot of research she designed our coop,and run.Now me, her,my dad,and brother and sisters are building it together. We have no plans other than what my mom scribbled down. I have to say it's almost done and it looks pretty good.We've had people encourage us,and some people who say were crazy....they've never seen a cooplike that,are you sure it's right? We've had people say oh,chickens are hard work. and others say they're easy. We've had people say you don't know what the heck you're doing. And this is what my mom says. She said, well,noone starts out knowing everything. And if I worried about what MIGHT go wrong everytime I did something,I'd be scared to to death to leave the house. I'd have never married your dad, cause what if he leaves me or gets a terminal Illness and dies. Wouldn't have had any of you kids because what if you were rotton brats or got kidnapped or what ever. If I had known how many time your dad would work for companies that closed down to move their plants to Mexico, I would've never bought this house, cause we've bout lost it half a dozen times. I wouldn't have homeschooled you kids if I had listened to all the naysayers.Or let dad start his own business. The Economy got it last year, but didn't we have fun while it lasted?You can't go through life being afraid TO LIVE. My mom says God takes care of the foolish, ha! So go ahead and let them shake their heads at you.I think you can do it. I don't know if you believe in the Lord but Mom's always saying I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. Sometimes things don't workout the way she plans but she laughs and says well, that was an adventure! What's Next?

Back
Top Bottom