My DH doesn't know what he's getting into......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eastTNchick, Sep 24, 2008.

1. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    LOL

My wonderful DH has gave me the go ahead to set up a bator and hatch some eggs!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] He has no idea what he's getting into!!

All he asked was that I make sure that I have the $$ set aside to buy whatever eggs I want when I want, and then let him know in time to make any arrangements that we need to make. Right now, all I need him to do is make another brooder box out in the coop for me (one that the other chickens cannot get into, but that that they can all get used to each other). I have a cage to keep them in in the house for a bit, but he doesn't want them in here that long because of the smell.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Did I mention that I [​IMG] my wonderful DH!!

2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    yeah, the dust gets bad in my laundry room, then me and the chickens get in trouble for causing everyone's allergies (when they have them all the time regardless of the chicks!)
    It's hard being a chicken momma but somebody's gotta do it! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

3. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Oh my gosh, he really doesn't. Haha Good luck to you and him! [​IMG]

4. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Tell DH he can justify purchase of new power tools because he'll need them to build coops and runs, expand the coops and runs, etc., etc.

[​IMG]

5. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    My poor boyfriend agreed to 2 house chickens & he hates birds. He has NO idea what he is getting into. I almost feel sorry for him but I have to live with his puppy so I guess this is a compromise. [​IMG]

6. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    My DH I think would stop me if he could, for now he just deals with me and my chicken obsession LOL

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Ditto.
    Mine says he's the voice of reason that I need to remind about space, time, and feed requirements to keep me from going overboard. And he has a very strict definition of overboard [​IMG]

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

oh that is priceless! My DH would LOVE that excuse!!!!

9. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    What a good guy you've got there!

Mine just bought a motorcycle (which I'm not totally ok with) and I told him that now that he has it, it means me getting more chicks next spring. [​IMG]

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    mine just told me the same thing! He's been harassing me and hounding be about getting some eggs set....LOL!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by