My DH has joined the rave!

My husband has been watching from afar, but NOW, that he helped build a bator, he is going to build his OWN, KING OF KINGS, SUPER-DUPER, GI-NORMOUS bator.

I asked him what he's gonna hatch?

His answer:

Alligators

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

Quote:
That's so cool that your hubby got into the hatching madness...not so much 120 quail eggs at once though, I feel for ya there!
hugs.gif

After Skip and I had the bike wreck, I set a hatch of our own eggs, just so he actually got to see a hatch for himself and it was about nerve-wracking, for me as I couldn't hardly get on the computer (the room where I have the bator set up).
At the same time, it was so cool to watch him act like a little kid about watching the chick pip and zip and hatch...ain't seen cheerleading like that since I graduated high school in '85.
gig.gif

Dawn, with a new-found "hatch-aholic" old man also

This is not good!!!!!

In one hatch he outdoes me!!! I think in order to up the competition I'll have to hatch something huge so its mass is equal to his quantity of peepers he'll have in a few weeks. I guess that's just what I'll have to do. Just have to be careful though that whatever I hatch doesn't eat the dog.

Any suggestion? No alligators or weird lizzardy type things its way too cold up here. Maybe an emu or a pterodactyl. That should do it but of course we're back to the dog eating thing.

hu.gif

Peacock! (or two
wink.png
) That should equal about 120 quail.

edited to add
My husband started all of this in the first place, but I had to figure out how to make it work
roll.png

So be careful what you wish for.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
3-inchs long about 8-in around. This is just a guess since I am at work and not looking at one. Maybe stack 3 guinea eggs together in a triangle to get an idea. Check the trade, buy, swap thread. I have seen some on there, and you could get the different colors not just your standard blue.

http://www.amyspeacockparadise.com/home.html

Has some good pictures of the different colors, look in the peafowl varieties database.

Back
Top Bottom