1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My DH is Wonderful-New Run Pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by coffeemama, May 28, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    So my dh has been working the past couple days to build me a new run. Eventually there will be a matching run on the other side of the coop as well. He used hardware cloth on the bottom to keep bantam chicks from popping out into kitty claws. I think it turned out great! The coop is in the process of a remodel, and everything will get painted this summer.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  2. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    I like the diagonal wood accents on both that tie them in together. The exterior paint will really bring it all together. What color are you favoring?

PS Is that a power line resting on the roof of the new run?

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  3. portlandpeeps

portlandpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Portland Oregon
    Nice. It looks like there are shades on the windows and door for those hot days too.

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Thanks! I am thinking of going to see what colors they have at the recycle center-they have free buckets of paint. We do have bamboo shades on the windows and doors for sun, and put up old wood framed windows over the screens in the winter.

5. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Lookin' good! Question: living in the PacNW, what will you do in the winter? Perhaps I am being a pansy NorCal (summers @ 105 makes me a sissy in our "winter" [​IMG] )

6. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Very nice! Tell your DH, "Great job!" [​IMG]

7. 5peeps

5peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Winterset Iowa
    Very nice [​IMG]

8. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Jacky'sMamma :

Lookin' good! Question: living in the PacNW, what will you do in the winter? Perhaps I am being a pansy NorCal (summers @ 105 makes me a sissy in our "winter" [​IMG] )

What will I do with what? The wire on the coop? We have wood framed windows that go over the wire, and they always have a heat lamp inside. [​IMG]

9. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Quote:What will I do with what? The wire on the coop? We have wood framed windows that go over the wire, and they always have a heat lamp inside. [​IMG]

OOOhhh... Very nice!

[​IMG]

10. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Thanks! I just find with the heat that they do better if I remove the windows in the summer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by