My DH was almost bit by a Copperhead

nccountrygirl

Songster
12 Years
Jul 31, 2007
Sanford N.C.
I sent Jeff down to the coops to lock up the girls and there lay a coiled Copperhead about 2 ft long and about 3 inches round. Thank God I asked him to do that while there was a little bit of light or he would have been bitten, it was laying right where he steps to shut up the teen's coop. The girls alerted him that there was danger, he saw them jumping at something and there the predator lay. Please everyone be cautious and aware that snakes are out in full force.

Last edited:
man o man, glad things are alright, thanks for reminding me though. i've heard stories of having alot of them around here. yikes. already seen a bobcat.

thank god he wasnt bitten!! we also have copperheads...one killed my dog a few years ago....i'll be more alert since reading this..thanks, Wendy

I live in Franklin, NC and we have killed two already that came from the woods onto our carport and just lay there! Not even near the chickens! We almost stepped on them........
I am glad your hubby is ok!

barnie.gif
Ohhhhh. I would have definately ran screaming like a little girl! Now, garden snakes, black snakes, they dont bother me as much...but copperheads....rattlers...and the likes!!
th.gif
Im so glad your DH was not bitten.

Snakes ie rattlers and sidewinders definately in the cities of Phoenix and Glendale ,AZ, as well as scorpions. :mad: I've seen em all myself as a kid.

they have always been down by the creek here which is a bit away from the house, and as of yesterday, past my neighbors 4 horses. But I havent seen any up at the house, just big garter snakes. My uncle always said they smelled like cucumber was a good way to tell. I dont know about that though.

Back
Top Bottom