Chewyfranandlola

In the Brooder
Aug 1, 2019
I was letting my five chickens free range while my family and I went out to eat. Somehow, Someway, my dog and my neighbors puppy got to them and attacked. Most of my chickens were fine other than being utterly terrified but one of my younglings has a bloody, completely red and closed eye. Please help me! Should I take her to the vet or let her heal herself? Anything would be greatly appreciated by both of us.

I dabbed her eye with a warm washcloth. Her eye is still in the socket but it is red. Almost like the eyes you see on white bunny’s. Just all red/pink. She is also twitching her break. What can I do to help her? I’m no expert when it comes to my chickens but they are my family and I love them. I will do whatever I need to see her safe and recovered again.

Aside from her eye, are there any other injuries? Check her over well. Could you take a picture of the eye? Is it one or both eyes? How old is she?

You could put her in a crate with some food & water, put the crate in the coop. She's protected from the flock yet part of the flock so not having to reintroduce once she heals. Or keep her in the house in a dark, quiet area. She may not eat today, she's probably in shock, do you have some Nutri Drench?

I was letting my five chickens free range while my family and I went out to eat. Somehow, Someway, my dog and my neighbors puppy got to them and attacked. Most of my chickens were fine other than being utterly terrified but one of my younglings has a bloody, completely red and closed eye. Please help me! Should I take her to the vet or let her heal herself? Anything would be greatly appreciated by both of us.

I dabbed her eye with a warm washcloth. Her eye is still in the socket but it is red. Almost like the eyes you see on white bunny’s. Just all red/pink. She is also twitching her break. What can I do to help her?
How is she today?
Can you post some photos?

Aside from her eye, are there any other injuries? Check her over well. Could you take a picture of the eye? Is it one or both eyes? How old is she?

You could put her in a crate with some food & water, put the crate in the coop. She's protected from the flock yet part of the flock so not having to reintroduce once she heals. Or keep her in the house in a dark, quiet area. She may not eat today, she's probably in shock, do you have some Nutri Drench?
Okay I will separate her from the flock so she can focus on healing. I checked them all over and for some reason it’s only her eye. What should I buy to keep her eye from getting infected? She just started laying eggs but I’m not sure exactly how old she is. Thank you.

425B2AC6-C140-46E6-AAF6-DBE580706293.jpeg
3ECE71BE-BFBD-42A6-8EE6-6428BD2A77AE.jpeg
How is she today?
Can you post some photos?

Her whole eye is like that. It was crusted shut this morning. What do I need to buy to keep it from getting infected? She was opening her eye for a couple seconds here and there and I’m worried that she can no longer see out of that eye. I’m not sure. I have separated her from the rest of the flock and she was eating so that’s good. What are your thoughts on what i should do?

Back
Top Bottom