My dog bite my chicken

I would encourage her to eat her normal feed.
You can offer a little extra protein like egg, fish or meat to help give her a boost.

Is she eating/drinking ok?
Thankyou...
She don't eat her feed but eating dry oats and she eat what I eat like biscuits n others stuff...
Plus .. today while applying neosporin on her wound I saw her left wing was green...it was normal yesterday...
Should I be worried about it?? :(

Thankyou...
She don't eat her feed but eating dry oats and she eat what I eat like biscuits n others stuff...
Plus .. today while applying neosporin on her wound I saw her left wing was green...it was normal yesterday...
Should I be worried about it?? :(
Can you get some photos?

Usually green is bruising. Sounds like she was roughed up pretty bad. Take the time to look her over for more wounds.

Can you get some photos?

Usually green is bruising. Sounds like she was roughed up pretty bad. Take the time to look her over for more wounds.
How does this bruising get better??
It's inside her wing .. like under her armpit ...
Maybe she was hurt while I was dressing her wound...

How does this bruising get better??
It's inside her wing .. like under her armpit ...
Maybe she was hurt while I was dressing her wound...
Bruising takes a while to resolve. It's only been like what...3 days? Chickens take time to heal just like anything else.

Why are you dressing the wound? Photos please! Of all the wounds. Generally wounds on a chicken do not need dressing. Clean the wounds, apply triple antibiotic ointment if you have it, place the chicken on clean dry bedding with her own food/water so she can heal.

She keeps pecking at her wound that's why I have to cover it.
And bruising happen when I was cleaning n clipping her feather before applying neosporin.
Here are the pictures of the wound and the bruising part also
Bruising takes a while to resolve. It's only been like what...3 days? Chickens take time to heal just like anything else.

Why are you dressing the wound? Photos please! Of all the wounds. Generally wounds on a chicken do not need dressing. Clean the wounds, apply triple antibiotic ointment if you have it, place the chicken on clean dry bedding with her own food/water so she can heal.

Attachments

• IMG-20211128-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20211128-WA0001.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20211130_095242.jpg
    IMG_20211130_095242.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey .. here a video of the wound.. it was moveing today n it was not before .. I guess it's healing ?
And some parts on the wound looks green .. why ??
And the neosporin I apply stay on it's body like wax ... Should I clean it every time I apply again ?

Attachments

• IMG20211130125617.jpg
    IMG20211130125617.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 1
Hey .. here a video of the wound.. it was moveing today n it was not before .. I guess it's healing ?
And some parts on the wound looks green .. why ??
And the neosporin I apply stay on it's body like wax ... Should I clean it every time I apply again ?
The video is not posting .. -_-

Back
Top Bottom