My dog is going nuts and my cat is laughing.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MeowCluckBark, Apr 15, 2011.

1. MeowCluckBark

MeowCluckBark Chicken Lickin' Good

Mar 28, 2011
    Boise, ID
    Ok, this is my dog, Daisy. She's 9 years old and we adopted her from the humane society last year. She was left there for about 6 months. Her previous owner became pregnant and didn't want a large dog with a baby. (weird because Daisy is super sweet) She is super obedient (except when she's over excited but we're working on that) and she's way sweet. She loves her people!

That being said, she's crazy. Seriously the dog is nuts. I was watching a video on chick sexing and she heard all the cheeping and started walking all around the living room whining and looking at my hands like I was smuggling chicks. My cat, Jake, just stared at her and looked smug. I could almost imagine him saying "Dumb dog, it's just a video, duh."

This is Daisy with her smile
    [​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Daisy does look pretty silly, but very entertaining and sweet indeed.

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Dogs are so funny sometimes. I have a dog that jumps up to look at the computer when I play duck video's for my grand daughter.

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I posted yesterday, trying to figure out what a weird predator sound was. Several people posted youtube links of fox sounds. Yep, it was a fox alright- and I almost lost my speakers to a black Lab who WANTED THAT FOX! [​IMG]

5. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Ha ha ha! My corgi, Fat Rosie, used to LOSE HER MIND if she heard the sound of horse hooves galloping- she hadn't ever been around horses that I knew of, but if there was a carriage scene in a movie it would take her a billion laps around the house to finally calm down. So strange.

6. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    The other day we were watching recordings of my daughter’s Just for Kix dance performances with my parents who live in WV and have never been able to see them in person. Well one dance is what they call the “light show” the lights in the gym are turned off and the girls have those glow sticks. Well my Rottweiler REALLY wanted those flashing lights! We had to hold her back the whole time the routine was on the screen… didn’t want her taking out the flat screen. We were all laughing at her except my husband who was more worried about her getting the TV. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by