My duck/chicken life

Sadly, I think our female pekin may have developed cancer. She got strange hard bumps on both her wings this spring. At first she only had one. But then she got one on her other wing and now she has three. She is the oonly one that has them and ddoesn't seem to have any other symptoms of typical illness.

Sadly, I think our female pekin may have developed cancer. She got strange hard bumps on both her wings this spring. At first she only had one. But then she got one on her other wing and now she has three. She is the oonly one that has them and ddoesn't seem to have any other symptoms of typical illness.
Me to. Though we have no way to treat it if it is cancer. If it is, the only thing we can do ia keep her happy and take care of her as we already have. Mom wants to get eggs from her and our pekin drake incase she takes a steep dive from what ever this is. Doesn't seem to be in any pain but we cannot see whats going on inside her to tell for sure. If she dies from this (hope not) or we have to cull her (hope not) we will be able to see though.

On another note, I had my own ujexpected experience last evening when I went to close up the animals yesterday. A strong wind came through during the storm and sent a large piece of sheet metal careening at me. It landed less then a half a foot behind me I was lucky it didn't send me to the hospital or 6ft under yesterday.

You have the right approach with her:hugs :hugs

Wow, that's scary, I'm so very glad it missed you. Flying objects in the wind can be very dangerous and sheet metal cuts like a knife. When I was around your age, maybe a little younger we had a tornado run through the houses across the street from us. After it passed I went out and found a piece of straw sticking out of our oak tree. Just imagine the wind force it took for something so fragile to penetrate something so hard.

You have the right approach with her:hugs :hugs

Wow, that's scary, I'm so very glad it missed you. Flying objects in the wind can be very dangerous and sheet metal cuts like a knife. When I was around your age, maybe a little younger we had a tornado run through the houses across the street from us. After it passed I went out and found a piece of straw sticking out of our oak tree. Just imagine the wind force it took for something so fragile to penetrate something so hard.

That would definitely take a lot of force for sure. Scared the shit outta me.

Back
Top Bottom