My duck has a broken foot??

Peggyduck

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Two weeks ago my mothers dog played too rough with my young duckling. I cleaned her off, got her all set up in her cozy box and paid very close attention to her. Now she looks almost as good as new but her foot is messed up. It curls under and she walks on the joint just above her foot . I'm almost certain it is broken, but I'm wondering if there's any way we can help to fix it. I don't want her messing up her leg more by walking on the joint... Anything helps!! Thank you!

Two weeks ago my mothers dog played too rough with my young duckling. I cleaned her off, got her all set up in her cozy box and paid very close attention to her. Now she looks almost as good as new but her foot is messed up. It curls under and she walks on the joint just above her foot . I'm almost certain it is broken, but I'm wondering if there's any way we can help to fix it. I don't want her messing up her leg more by walking on the joint... Anything helps!! Thank you!
welcome-byc.gif
so sorry to hear about your duckling, dogs can diff play to rough and hurt lil ones. I am thinking a vet would be your best move since this has be going on for so long, there is a site I'll give you the link for that has options on how to treat leg and foot problems but this is pretty serious, https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry Let us know how your duckling is doing..

Thank you! I think vet is a good idea too... She seems happy, still wants to be the dogs best friend..

So a couple months back i got the same problem with my male pekin. He doesnt use his foot at all anymore. Walks like a peg leg pirate!! I took him to the vet when it first happened and nothing was broken. 10 days with antibiotics later. Peg leg.... He dnt seem to be in any pain. He still swims in his pool. And still tries to mate with his female.
My concern is... Since he dnt use or move his foot. Cld his bone come out where he walks on it now? I just cnt afford another vet bill right now.

Back
Top Bottom