My duck has laid her eggs in the rabbit burrow...

Sorry it didn't work out. I also think you did the right thing. I would be afraid of what might happen to any ducklings hatched in a burrow. If there were more tunnels they may have gone down them and gotten lost.

Some people have hatched eggs under lamps. I don't know much about it but maybe you can look into it. :confused:

Sorry it didn't work out. I also think you did the right thing. I would be afraid of what might happen to any ducklings hatched in a burrow. If there were more tunnels they may have gone down them and gotten lost.

Some people have hatched eggs under lamps. I don't know much about it but maybe you can look into it. :confused:
There is a problem with humidity then.
You can actally make an incubator. There are really easy instructions online. Put them under a lamp for now.

Thank you very much. I feel better today, you’re totally right, if they’d hatched under there it would have been a maze, they wouldn’t have been able to walk properly as the ground was very uneven under there.

I’ve put them all in a bed of straw, on top of a furry water bottle and marked each side with an x and o so I can turn them three times daily, and I have a water spritzer so I can lightly spray them with water every time I turn them. They also have a furry water bottle cover on top of them and they are nice and warm. I’m hoping this works, who knows it might or might not but it’s worth a try. I’ll candle them tomorrow (day 7) and see.

Thank you every one for all of your help! Means a lot. X

LookIng at the comments you don't have an incubator you could try getting another hen or duck to sit on them. If you have any friends who keep chickens and have mature hens then let those hens have a try at sitting.

Okay quick update!!

Day 12 yesterday so I candled them: some are just yellow inside which makes me believe they are just normal unfertilised eggs. Then some have a shadow on one side and I can see the air sacks!! So fingers crossed I’m hoping some hatch, but we will have to see x

Back
Top Bottom