My duck is having a seizure like behavior

HI sorry about your Pekin. I had the same thing with my Runner as a duckling and it sure can be frightening to watch. The additional niacin worked for us - the seizures became less and less until there were no more. Also wanted to just say that Pekins should get the extra Bs/Niacin for a while to help their legs grow strong - otherwise they could have more issues as they get heavier. We've had that problem in my flock too. Adding Nutritional Yeast to their feed is a good way to give them the extra they need too. Keep us posted on the progress! :hugs

Although I haven’t researched it, I’m quite certain ducks can be epileptic. They would normally not survive unless given a lot of supportive care.

I’ve noticed high stimulation seems to cause the episodes. Like opening a door turning a light on, loud noise, splashing of water etc. The bad thing about ducks having seizures is outside of a vets expertise, there is little you can do. However I’ve noticed seizures in ducklings seems to be a common issue. The b complex will help with the seizures and keep your Pekins legs strong. Give it a week and then re-evaluate how he’s doing. If a vitamin b deficiency is the cause, (which seems likely) it will stop the seizures.
Thank you I will definitely keep everyone up to date, thank you to everyone who has helped me with this situation it means a lot

Back
Top Bottom