My duck is limping and having a hard time walking

wndougherty

Hatching
Nov 2, 2015
This is my first time ever having ducks. The other day I noticed she was having a hard time walking. She has a huge bump/knot. Is there anything I can do to help her or should I just take her to the vet?

Thank you!

Wow, ouch! The poor dear. Honestly, I think she really needs a vet. She's clearly injured herself pretty good there, or at least has some kind of infection going on in that joint that will need medication.

Could she have possibly been bitten by something there? Did this swelling just appear the other day when she started having trouble walking?

I noticed she was limping last week and it wasn't too bad, but yesterday the poor girl could barely get around. I made her an appointment for the vet tomorrow. I feel bad for her, you can tell that she is in real pain.

Thank you

That's great! Good for you for getting a vet appointment so quickly! I know she will feel alot better with some pain meds (and whatever else she might need to treat this, hard for us to know from just a pic). I'm sure she'll be back on her feet soon once she gets the proper treatment from the vet. Please come back and give us an update after the appointment, ok? :)

Back
Top Bottom