My duck is vomiting

My ducks have thrown up for the following reasons:
1) eating more than can fit into their crop (oh that slug incident *cringe*)
2) tripping and falling on their full crop (would apply to being picked up when their crop is full, too, but I haven't done it)
3) extreme stress (I have one who throws up in the car on the way to the vet every time)

My duck throw up incidents aren't frequent. If we don't count the vet incidents it only happens about once a year or less with my 3-6 ducks. I think my ducks were more likely to overindulge when they young, now they are 5.5 and 6.5 and the frequency of throwing up seems less - except for the one duck who is terrified of car rides and vets. That's always a sure thing. They also always throw up whole food pieces. Either whole slugs, or whole pellets swollen with water.

Not that your ducks have to throw up exactly like mine to be safe. But this is what I have experienced. If my ducks were suddenly presenting symptoms like yours, I would be concerned. The sleepiness is especially troubling. My ducks are very precious pets to me, and I would take them to the vet, personally. I like to be on the safe side.

Please let us know how they are doing.
Thank you so much for the advice they had plenty of water and eventually started eating as normal after a good couple or hours sleep they are definitely doing much better now and wide awake completely seem back to normal but will Defo get a check up from the vet as their also very precious to me aswell so i was so worried about them

Back
Top Bottom