My duck laid her first egg and i’m not sure what to do

Thanks ! So do I just take away her eggs as she lays them ?
yes, take away all the eggs from all the laying ducks. I had a black swedish and a white crested and a runner mix w/a runner drake, and leaving the eggs for a day seemed to trigger broodiness! could be they were just broody by nature, but that's what seemed to happen. They were the greatest moms! one time the two remaining ducks (sold the runner mix with her hatchlings), both sat on their nests at the same time, what an experience! But that was in late spring north of phoenix. plus, if she just started laying, the eggs will likely get bigger and she'll get all the kinks worked out of her laying "process".

yes, take away all the eggs from all the laying ducks. I had a black swedish and a white crested and a runner mix w/a runner drake, and leaving the eggs for a day seemed to trigger broodiness! could be they were just broody by nature, but that's what seemed to happen. They were the greatest moms! one time the two remaining ducks (sold the runner mix with her hatchlings), both sat on their nests at the same time, what an experience! But that was in late spring north of phoenix. plus, if she just started laying, the eggs will likely get bigger and she'll get all the kinks worked out of her laying "process".
thank you so much! i really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom