My duck quit laying

Gemoriah

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 3, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
I have 2 ducks, a rouen and a golden hybrid 300. The one that quit laying is a golden hybrid 300. We got her and the rouen back in February. They were laying an egg each, everyday. Two weeks ago we had a terrific wind storm. They were protected in their coop, but the pen has a heavy tarp covering to keep the rain and snow out of the pen. The tarp would flap in the wind and make noise. They both quit laying for a day after that, but goldie never started back up. Both act normal, no sickness and eating well. Is something wrong with her or will she just start laying eventually?

I have 2 ducks, a rouen and a golden hybrid 300. The one that quit laying is a golden hybrid 300. We got her and the rouen back in February. They were laying an egg each, everyday. Two weeks ago we had a terrific wind storm. They were protected in their coop, but the pen has a heavy tarp covering to keep the rain and snow out of the pen. The tarp would flap in the wind and make noise. They both quit laying for a day after that, but goldie never started back up. Both act normal, no sickness and eating well. Is something wrong with her or will she just start laying eventually?
Welcome to BYC, well the wind storm may have freaked them out but More than likely your girls are just taking a much needed break giving their bodies a rest before starting up egg production again, Be sure to give them top quality layer with lots of calcium rich greens to go with it, my flock likes chopped romaine lettuce and I also buy kale and cabbage for them till warmer weather. also be sure to have oyster shell out for them they will eat it as needed. I have 10 Muscovy ducks and got 1 egg yesterday, my girls are taking a break too.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom