My Duck stopped tucking himself in...

mermaidmadi

Chirping
Mar 17, 2017
Waco, Tx
Hi all, first time duck mom. I have 2 ducks and 4 chickens, all about 3 months old. They usually tuck themselves in at dusk and all go into their house, but for the past week, one of my ducks refuses to go in! He just stands in the run shouting, until I finally give in and go put him up. I've tried guiding him into his house, but he completely stopped doing it by himself! I would let him stay out if he didn't shout the whole time, but he wants to be with the other birds... I think maybe he wants them to all stay outside with him? Any thoughts or ways to fix?

Hi all, first time duck mom. I have 2 ducks and 4 chickens, all about 3 months old. They usually tuck themselves in at dusk and all go into their house, but for the past week, one of my ducks refuses to go in! He just stands in the run shouting, until I finally give in and go put him up. I've tried guiding him into his house, but he completely stopped doing it by himself! I would let him stay out if he didn't shout the whole time, but he wants to be with the other birds... I think maybe he wants them to all stay outside with him? Any thoughts or ways to fix?
Is he getting bullied?Some of my chickens that are low on the pecking order will stay outside avoiding confrontation with other chickens.Try putting him in there and watch to see if anythings happens.

Back
Top Bottom