My duckling died but I don’t know how?

So sorry that you lost your duckling :hugs. If you are going to get ducklings again, here are some things to keep in mind.
They need a secure home with bedding - not a caged bottom - and adequate space for them to move away from the heat source you are using.
Ducklings need other ducklings or else they will get lonely and bored.
Ducklings need proper feed; don't feed your ducklings other food unless you have researched it to make sure it is safe to give to them.
While ducklings always need access to drinking water, like BelovedBirds said, they can't swim in deep water alone as they can drown. You can take them for short, supervised swims though.
This article should help :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/duckling-care-brooder-ideas.64854/
Thanks @chelseachook for the advice and I am getting another duckling all I fed him was some wet rice but is it right to feed your duckling rice? I mean the owner said feed them rice.

I got a couple of chickens but they don’t seem to be nice to him. They peck his web by feet his eyes his soft head and his furry wings, I tried to test their behavior and whenever I leave I here some screaming sounds *sounds like screams of help* he often quacks loud when I put him near the chickens like he wants to avoid them

Thanks @chelseachook for the advice and I am getting another duckling all I fed him was some wet rice but is it right to feed your duckling rice? I mean the owner said feed them rice.
No, that isn't a suitable diet and would definitely lead to deficiencies and eventually death.
You need duckling feed, or at least, chick feed

Please don't get an individual duckling, or any animal, until you've learned their care

I found this photo on google it looked almost like my duckling here’s what he almost looked like

Attachments

• 1682519846708.jpeg
    1682519846708.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
I got a couple of chickens but they don’t seem to be nice to him. They peck his web by feet his eyes his soft head and his furry wings, I tried to test their behavior and whenever I leave I here some screaming sounds *sounds like screams of help* he often quacks loud when I put him near the chickens like he wants to avoid them
You have a new duckling now? And he quacks?
Fascinating

Chickens will kill ducklings.

My duckling had some

•yellow bellied body
•black back body and head
Black web by feet
•yellow front webbed feet

You have a new duckling now? And he quacks?
Fascinating

Chickens will kill ducklings.
No, it was my old duckling who was afraid and my I tested their behavior once and when I found out I never put them together

Back
Top Bottom