My duckling died but I don’t know how?

I am getting another duckling
Yikes.
Please don't get any more ducklings until you've done a lot of reading on what kind of care, housing, and food they require. And they need at least one other duck, but several ducky friends would be best.
They need:
-Predator proof housing/shelter outside
-A feed specifically for waterfowl or chicken feed with nutritional yeast added for adequate niacin
-A water dish deep enough to clean out their bill when they eat
Ducks don't have to have a pool or swimming water source but they will be much happier if you can provide them one. But they shouldn't be let in a pool unsupervised until they're past the duckling stage.

Yikes.
Please don't get any more ducklings until you've done a lot of reading on what kind of care, housing, and food they require. And they need at least one other duck, but several ducky friends would be best.
They need:
-Predator proof housing/shelter outside
-A feed specifically for waterfowl or chicken feed with nutritional yeast added for adequate niacin
-A water dish deep enough to clean out their bill when they eat
Ducks don't have to have a pool or swimming water source but they will be much happier if you can provide them one. But they shouldn't be let in a pool unsupervised until they're past the duckling stage.
Isadora, I’ve actually got a question, if I’ve got a pond, does that work as a source of water when they grow older? I’ve got a pretty large pond that’s making me seriously consider getting ducks.

Isadora, I’ve actually got a question, if I’ve got a pond, does that work as a source of water when they grow older? I’ve got a pretty large pond that’s making me seriously consider getting ducks.
I'd check for anything like snapping turtles, etc that could be a threat to the ducks. If the pond seems safe for them, then yeah for sure it sounds okay

Attachments

• A694E499-78DE-4D44-9A86-3B3AB4B310A3.jpeg
    A694E499-78DE-4D44-9A86-3B3AB4B310A3.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom