My duckling died but I don’t know how?

GJDJ

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2023
Hi guys my duck just died last week and I don’t know how he died recently he’s been freezing for a minute and then unfreezes in 10 seconds I don’t know why he froze, then when I checked in the morning I saw my duckling leaning on his bowl without a BEAK!!! I was wondering if it was a rat who killed it but it was in a cage?! How would it open it I was confused how he died like that and no he wasn’t freezing because of the temperature it was a hot summer and we already gave him a bath in a swimming pool 2x in the hot summer then that was it! I cried for so many times but he was drinking chocolate drink because of my sister, I think she made her drink it.

Hi guys my duck just died last week and I don’t know how he died recently he’s been freezing for a minute and then unfreezes in 10 seconds I don’t know why he froze, then when I checked in the morning I saw my duckling leaning on his bowl without a BEAK!!! I was wondering if it was a rat who killed it but it was in a cage?! How would it open it I was confused how he died like that and no he wasn’t freezing because of the temperature it was a hot summer and we already gave him a bath in a swimming pool 2x in the hot summer then that was it! I cried for so many times but he was drinking chocolate drink because of my sister, I think she made her drink it.
I am sorry for your loss. Chocolate kills ducks so never give them chocolate. If your cage wasn't predator proofed something could have gotten in but I am not sure what would remove the beak. Also ducklings need to have other ducks to be around so if that was your only duckling he would have been lonely. Once again I am so sorry loosing babies is always very hard!

Thank you for your support but I made sure it was predator proof and it was just a simple cage a tiny one and I didn’t have enough money to buy another duckling and after loosing ducky I felt lonely, we always take a bath together I miss him 🙁🙁☹️

Thank you for your support but I made sure it was predator proof and it was just a simple cage a tiny one and I didn’t have enough money to buy another duckling and after loosing ducky I felt lonely, we always take a bath together I miss him 🙁🙁☹️
Photos of the cage would be helpful.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom