What is happening to my duckling ?

Miguangel

Hatching
Oct 30, 2023
My duclking is like wheezing or panting he is breathing with his mouth like if he is gasping for air I don’t see any difference with him he had just gotten in a bath and he started acting weird in the bath so I took him out he looks like he’s dying anyone help ??

Attachments

• E311DE0B-23D9-48AC-B86D-6A93CB0E48EB.jpeg
    E311DE0B-23D9-48AC-B86D-6A93CB0E48EB.jpeg
    821.2 KB · Views: 37
He might have breathed in some water???
Could he be really cold and going threw hypothermia???
He did breathe in some water I heard like him trying to breathe water out. I put a blanket over him he looks calmer he isn’t breathing through his nose anymore he is also breathing at a normal pase

He did breathe in some water I heard like him trying to breathe water out. I put a blanket over him he looks calmer he isn’t breathing through his nose anymore he is also breathing at a normal pase
He also tried to get up before I put a blanket over him and he tried to walk but fell he was shaking to stand up

Update he woke up dead and didn’t survive the night we saw he was doing better he was starting to move around and everything he looked much better he was walking again little bit he was able to walk back and forth he looked very sleepy or tired he didn’t want to eat or drink water all day though. I saw him sideways with his eyes open is that any help on cause of death ??

I'm very sorry. It's hard to say why this happened. Could have been something internal we just have no way of knowing with out a necropsy.
Do you have other ducklings or ducks?

Back
Top Bottom