Duckling refusing food and water

Joy88

In the Brooder
May 27, 2023
Hey guys, my Indian runner (3 days old) is constantly crying, and won't eat or drink even with me dipping his head in the bowls. He's got his eyes shut most of the time and the other 2 happy ducklings climb over him. How do I help?! Why isn't he drinking and will he die?!

16856397733648543952829184847835.jpg

Hi there, What is the temperature of the brooder? Did this duckling ever eat, and just now stopped, or has always been this way? Do you have any Nutridrench on hand? If not, sugar water can help give him a quick boost. Are the others showing any symptoms at all?

Last edited:
Hi there, sorry to hear about your gosling. I don’t personally raise goslings, but have raised ducklings and chicks so hopefully the same knowledge I know with them can apply here. What is the temperature of the brooder? Did this gosling ever eat, and just now stopped, or has always been this way? Do you have any Nutridrench on hand? If not, sugar water can help give him a quick boost. Are the others showing any symptoms at all?
It's a runner, not a goose

He's a runner ducks. the others are happy and chirpy, eating well and running about. He won't even try to drink and just wants to hide by the heater with his eyes shut 😭😭
It may unfortunately be a failure to thrive. Did you ship these, buy them, or hatch at home?

Hatched at home. First one out, super strong and helped the other two! They're cuddled up with him in the middle at the min

Back
Top Bottom