My duckling is always hungry!!

RainsFall

In the Brooder
May 17, 2019
Hello everyone first of all I'm apologize for my bad english

I have a 3 weeks old orphan duckling
hes always hungry i giving him hard boiled egg and Gurke(
cucumber) and a clean water source with liquid multi vitamin but hes always shouts for food even in middle of the night!!! hes eat nothing but gurke or hard boiled egg i tried to give him carrot or rice but not working!
he's getting bigger and his legs grow up and his feathers begin to pour out and whiten

it's normal? is it because of puberty?

I suspect he may not be getting all the nutrition he needs. Do you have access to a feed store where you can purchase some sort of complete poultry feed? If not you can look up recipes online for homemade duckling feed and they will give you a good idea of different types of things that would be good for him to eat.

I suspect he may not be getting all the nutrition he needs. Do you have access to a feed store where you can purchase some sort of complete poultry feed? If not you can look up recipes online for homemade duckling feed and they will give you a good idea of different types of things that would be good for him to eat.
Yes i can, but he refuse to eat anything but cucumber or hard boiled egg!! i can't understand why

Or you could make a mush out of the feed. Add the egg or wet cat food. He is likely always hungry because he isn’t getting everything he needs due to being a bit picky. What kind of duck is it? Some breeds of duck prefer more meat based foods wood ducks come to mind from a post from last year with a person with similar problems.

Or you could make a mush out of the feed. Add the egg or wet cat food. He is likely always hungry because he isn’t getting everything he needs due to being a bit picky. What kind of duck is it? Some breeds of duck prefer more meat based foods wood ducks come to mind from a post from last year with a person with similar problems.

I think he's Pekin

20190518-053747-1024x768.jpg

This time i mixed 1 egg and 2 braised carrot a and 1 cucumber. hopefully he accepted and ate all of it
he looks so much better now and it's almost 2 hours that he did not scream for food
I can feed him cocked Chicken meat? too much protein is not harmful for duckling??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom