My ducklings has been acting very weak...

The place where your dad is getting the chick powder doesn't also sell feed for animals?
They shouldn't have just eggs either, but eggs will add some protein to their diet so since that's what you have to work with right now, feed them some. Just scramble them up and offer them to them. And try to find a commercial feed meant for ducklings or chicks to feed them, does the place your dad is getting the chick powder also sell feed? If so they should have a chick or duckling feed. If they do, buy that immediately and feed it to them.

If they don't, contact the person you got these ducks from, find out what they feed their ducklings, and feed yours the same.

My friend is the one who gave me the ducklings as a gift and she told me that she feed them rice. She did tell me to give them insects for minerals. But now that winter is starting, Idk what insects I could possibly give them. I will ask someone if they could search for some worms and snails for me.

Ouch, only rice and water.
That would make us starve too!

I asume there must be chicken food in madagascar. If you can find this it might be too big; grind it down and mix with water.

I this takes days I guess I would find eggyolk, grains, peas, corn (not from salted water!), worms, snails, and grind it all down to a mush... everything is better now then nutrient-poor rice!
Good luck!
Madagascar feeds their chick with dry rice only and when they are adults, they switch to maize. People here are VERY underdeveloped so for me to find chick feed would be quite hard. They probably have it in farms but I don't know any farms near us. We live in the capital city so...

Rice has pretty much no nutrients in it, sadly.

I'd work with what you have - you said your Dad is bringing home peas, so feed them peas and eggs. I'd also try to get ahold of some grain to mix in, such as wheat or barley, oats, mealworms if you can get those, earthworms and snails if you can find them. Maybe some cracked corn too.

They will need grit to properly digest this kind of mixed feed, so also offer them very small rocks or sand that they can eat along with the food.

Madagascar feeds their chick with dry rice only and when they are adults, they switch to maize. People here are VERY underdeveloped so for me to find chick feed would be quite hard. They probably have it in farms but I don't know any farms near us. We live in the capital city so...
I'm imagining that rice is the only thing that is fed to them because they free range and get nutrition from bugs and vegetation. What kinds of grain foods do you eat? Grind up leftovers and kitchen scraps of meat and vegetables and mix with any ground grains. Don't give them anything salted. Rice is a filler, no nutrition. If you give them rice make sure it's been cooked. Dry rice will swell inside them. Cooked rice is more of a treat than a meal.

Rice has pretty much no nutrients in it, sadly.

I'd work with what you have - you said your Dad is bringing home peas, so feed them peas and eggs. I'd also try to get ahold of some grain to mix in, such as wheat or barley, oats, mealworms if you can get those, earthworms and snails if you can find them. Maybe some cracked corn too.

They will need grit to properly digest this kind of mixed feed, so also offer them very small rocks or sand that they can eat along with the food.
I once fed them a baby house lizard and they are the whole thing. Is that good though? I did see in some website that house lizards, salamanders, and frogs could be given to them.

I once fed them a baby house lizard and they are the whole thing. Is that good though? I did see in some website that house lizards, salamanders, and frogs could be given to them.

Good protein, they probably enjoyed it. Salamanders are slightly poisonous, so I'd avoid those, but frogs and lizards could make a good protein source. Just make sure they have grit available so they can properly digest it.

And for the oats, should I mix it with water to make it soft or should it be hard?

You can mix it with water for them.

They need real duckling feed like this: http://www.muddyandinca.com/duck-st...7dDyGWdU2i0rXaDqk-RVYXqeeR3YI5RRoCuMQQAvD_BwE

You also need to get some kind of brooder lamp.

I'm honestly surprised they're even alive if all you've been feeding them is rice. The reason they're so small and weak is because they're starving to death.

You need to find a farm supply store and get some real supplies for them, or have some shipped in. I thought Madagascar has a pretty agrarian culture so I'd think you have at least some stores that sell this kind of stuff. You can continue to just feed eggs and lizards and stuff like that but since they're already so malnourished I think it would benefit you to find them a real feed to try and get their strength up.

Back
Top Bottom