My ducklings shipped today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdywntr

Songster
10 Years
Oct 31, 2009
Somerville, AL
I am so excited and almost a nervous wreck already. The runner ducklings I ordered from Metzer Farms shipped today. I have one male fawn & white, and 4 females, fawn/white, blue, black, chocolate and 5 assorted straight run ducklings coming. I am nervous since they are coming from CA and I'm in FL but from everything I heard about Metzer they have an excellent survivial rate. I figure I will sell the extras after a week or two and I know that everyone is doing well. Plus, it was cheaper to get the extra 5 than to pay the small order charge.
I have just put my 5 week old chicks outside so now I have made room for the ducklings in the spare bedroom. I'm plannning on keeping them in a kiddie pool with appropriate bedding at first. I went to TSC and got starter that was okay for both chicks and ducks, 20% protein. Everything is ready and waiting.
Unfortunately, I forgot about Columbus Day when I ordered so instead of shipping yesterday like I thought, they shipped today. Luckily I'm off the rest of the week.
I can't wait until they get here. I'm planning on calling the 2 local post offices tomorrow, as I'm not sure which is officially mine and I want to be sure that they are keeping an eye out for them.
Ahhhh! I'm sooooo excited!
celebrate.gif

Don't forget to post some pictures when your new babies arrive, please.
Ducklings are the cutest!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom