My ducks are wandering too far!

SweetMandolin

In the Brooder
May 6, 2019
United States
I love this place!! I’ve learned so much here! I have 3 ducks.
Drake, Cayuga, Lloyd.
Duck, Swedish blue? Helen.
Duck, Black Swedish? Thelma.

They have decided that crossing the road is no big deal. Going to the neighbor’s house! Hanging on their front porch... the neighbor’s awesome ... i don’t want to know how far they will wander to!!?? I thought locking them up would maybe deter them. Nope!! Such jerks! I love them so much! I don’t want them to get killed on the road. The ladies are older 3 & 6: rescued from dirty bad farm... they were in bad shape!! Malnutrition, clogged preening gland!! Stinky!! Covered in poop, laid eggs like a bouncy ball... they are in great health almost a year later! Lloyd, just turned one. Complete dumbass.

How do I stop them??? I want them to stay on my property and it’s plenty for them to roam!!

I love this place!! I’ve learned so much here! I have 3 ducks.
Drake, Cayuga, Lloyd.
Duck, Swedish blue? Helen.
Duck, Black Swedish? Thelma.

They have decided that crossing the road is no big deal. Going to the neighbor’s house! Hanging on their front porch... the neighbor’s awesome ... i don’t want to know how far they will wander to!!?? I thought locking them up would maybe deter them. Nope!! Such jerks! I love them so much! I don’t want them to get killed on the road. The ladies are older 3 & 6: rescued from dirty bad farm... they were in bad shape!! Malnutrition, clogged preening gland!! Stinky!! Covered in poop, laid eggs like a bouncy ball... they are in great health almost a year later! Lloyd, just turned one. Complete dumbass.

How do I stop them??? I want them to stay on my property and it’s plenty for them to roam!!
Poor Lloyd! Haha

I laughed out loud when I read that. Following because I have 9 Rouena that I will be putting on my pond in the coming weeks.

A fence, or very limited ranging, under supervision. If you don't, more than likely you are going to lose one on the road, your neighbors are going to get tired of it, or predators are going to catch them far from safety.

I left isolation, went to Menards. Bought 100’ green barrier fence. This will have to do until the pandemic is over! So far it’s perfect! Except their friend, a female pheasant, was making all kinds of noise, like she wanted to know what they did to go to prison!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom