My ducks were able to get through the fence and they found the creek.

I'm debating if I should allow them to keep doing that? If I choose not to I'll just run a piece of chicken wire along the base of the fence to keep them from squeezing through the holes. It would be cool to have a massive flock of free range ducks and I'm sure they love that creek. Do ducks usually stick around the coop or do they tend to wander off or swim down the creek never to be seen again?
I wouldn't risk it, personally. Of course ducks love water and will always choose it, but being a creek and not a pond, the chances of them getting too far away is a huge risk. Not to mention predator loss.

I agree. No telling how brave they might become and get too far away. You could always build a secure run for them like as large an area as you can so they have room to forage but you won't have to worry about them being picked off or going too far.
I built a pretty large run but I'd like it to be even bigger but I just don't want to spend too much money on fencing because I'm renting the house with an acre of land. Plus I know once I expand it I'll want it to be even bigger again 😆

Back
Top Bottom