My ducks were attacked - one severely injured

I tried reintroducing Griffin to his siblings but it didn’t go well so for now I’ll just let him stay with Speck, Chickpea and Cherry Tomato. Those 4 get along great.

A couple of Griffin’s brothers and sisters started fighting with him and he still has a scab on top of his head so I don’t want him to get set back at all. When I put him back with Speck & friends they were happy to see him
CF904D1F-D2EA-4C60-97AC-E9ACA6B88461.jpeg
552A03A6-D47C-4D1A-A1FD-FE34EDA03003.jpeg

Griffin update!

Overall he’s doing amazing 😍 He loves treats and swimming and is a friendly and sweet boy. He is a cinnamon roll🥰

The scab on top of his head finally came off and he’s growing new feathers there. It looks great. The scab on the tip of his bull just came off too, and it’s still healing but looks good. I can see that their is a slight shortening of his bill on one side.

His eyes are good - but I think he may have slight vision impairment. When I give him treats he often nibbles on the underside of my hand first, and then works his way up to the treats. Or maybe that’s just his weird personality 😅

The only thing that’s a bit concerning is that his breathing is still louder than normal. Not extreme, but noticeable. He did have a lot of blood in his nostrils the first day, so I suspect he has some damage to his airway or something. Hopefully that won’t cause him any issues in the future.

He does sometimes seem a bit subdued. I don’t know if that’s just his personality or if he has duck PTSD.

But overall I am very happy with the outcome for my sweet Griffin!
1B9CA6E7-49AA-4342-A85E-428F54BD4044.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom