My ducks were murder

The Duckler

Hatching
Mar 13, 2018
We had gotten duck not to long ago but we keep them in our house until there old enough but some time in the middle of the night they were brutally murder they were dragged from there box into our office in the next room and under a chair all with a blood trail

And your posting in graphic detail why? also do you have a cat or something? if so and you let it have access to the duck that might be what killed it just a guess/thought. also I don't see how this should be posted in new member intros maybe a older member can comment. either way I feel sorry for the duck

We had gotten duck not to long ago but we keep them in our house until there old enough but some time in the middle of the night they were brutally murder they were dragged from there box into our office in the next room and under a chair all with a blood trail
Ducks and we only have dogs who are in another room

If the dogs had a chance to get in the room they are most likely what killed the ducks (sorry it sounded like you only had the one). if you think that not possible then did you leave another door or window open and either a cat or other animal came in because of it?

> We had gotten ducks not to long ago but we keep them in our house until there are old enough. In the middle of the night they were brutally murdered, dragged from their box into our office in the next room and under a chair, all with a blood trail

Are we talking about ducklings or young ducks? An estimate of their weight?
There are not cats in the house and dogs were safely enclosed so, most probably rats. Something of racoon size or bigger wouldn't drag a duckling that can transport easily in the mouth. Look for traces in the blood trail. Show photos ot the trail here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom