My Easter Egger, June...plus splash Ameraucana (Pics)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
June is almost 23 weeks old. No egg yet, but I cant wait to see what color she lays. She looks like she has some blue wheaten in her background, possibly. After Farmer Kitty's EE laid an egg at 15 weeks, I did a little sneak inspection to see if maybe Miss Junebug was laying and hiding her eggs. Nope, she's not laying yet. Snow, my splash Ameraucana, is 18 weeks old. She comes from Cree lines, so I have high hopes for her egg color. I have a Blue Ameraucana, Nora, her sister, who is 18 weeks old, too, but she is very camera shy.
DCP_1257.jpg

DCP_1254.jpg

DCP_1229.jpg

Quote:
Thank you! June was a gift from a friend when she was about 8 weeks old. She is a pretty thing, isn't she? Her beard used to be all blue, but it's faded out now. I love the blue feathers shot all through her plumage.

I hope when I go pick up my EE's there is something that looks like june there she is beautiful ! and you allready know I love ameraucanas and how much I want some blue's and also splashes

Henry

Quote:
I have to ask about the chicken that has its rear to the camera in the middle picture. I have one exactly like that that was sold to me as a rir, but I don't think that it is one. (since I have one of those that is actually red). mine has the black in the tail the same way as yours!! I can't wait to find out what it is!!!!!

Quote:
I have to ask about the chicken that has its rear to the camera in the middle picture. I have one exactly like that that was sold to me as a rir, but I don't think that it is one. (since I have one of those that is actually red). mine has the black in the tail the same way as yours!! I can't wait to find out what it is!!!!!

Looks like Cyn's New Hampshire red. I Love June she is so cute and you know I love the Ameraucanas.

Edited for a dang typo.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom