My Easy Indie Adventure

Day 23- Tonight we go into lockdown. I have some good movement in 3 of the 4 eggs I know are still kicking. Egg one I think died over the weekend. The last egg is hard to tell because it’s got lots of speckled dark grey spots. But it moves all the same.

Egg2View attachment 1775761

Egg3View attachment 1775762

Egg4View attachment 1775763

Egg6View attachment 1775764

With luck there will be little black ducklings by the weekend.

Those look a lot like a set of Call eggs I had under a broody chicken for a few days, then decided to swap out for chicken eggs. Put the call eggs in the incubator, but I’m not sure how many days the hen sat on them. I was planning to up humidity tomorrow.

Best of luck!!

Those look a lot like a set of Call eggs I had under a broody chicken for a few days, then decided to swap out for chicken eggs. Put the call eggs in the incubator, but I’m not sure how many days the hen sat on them. I was planning to up humidity tomorrow.

Best of luck!!
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The waiting has begun. Lockdown is likely the most nerve wrecking part of this. I saw egg two rock a bit tonight. I am seeing bits of shadows on the edges of the air cell it’s only a matter of time before the little ones manage to pip.

Woot! Keep us posted!

What do you up your humidity to?

It’s dancing between 54-65% in the Hatcher. Two eggs have started the drawdown, with a third I think heading that way.

So hard to be patient. But 4 of the eggs in the Hatcher are showing movement along the air cell. Looks like they are working themselves into position still. I can’t ever tell what part I am looking at unless it’s a bill in the air cell. But no tapping or peeps yet.

Back
Top Bottom