1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Egg Turner Got Un Plugged

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SouthernMDChick, Mar 1, 2015.

1. SouthernMDChick

SouthernMDChick New Egg

Mar 1, 2015
    I just realized my egg turner got unplugged. I don't know for how long or how. Whats the chance that my eggs will still hatch?

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Don't worry, the turner getting uplugged for a day or a couple of days even likely isn't going to impact their hatching at all :)

3. SouthernMDChick

SouthernMDChick New Egg

Mar 1, 2015
    Thank you I have been worried all day I just realized it was unplugged and I have not been having much luck with this hatching thing

4. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Yep, it takes some practice, especially if you don't have a 'set and forget' type of incubator. What are you hatching?

5. SouthernMDChick

SouthernMDChick New Egg

Mar 1, 2015
    Lavender Orpingtons I had a still air incubator and only 14 out of 41 eggs hatched about 3 weeks ago.

I got a new incubator with the fan for Valentines Day and was so excited and then realized the egg turner was un pluged I was hart broken

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    What day are you on?

7. Spottie

Spottie New Egg

Apr 27, 2014
    What is an air incubator?

8. Pyxis

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop

A still air incubator is one that doesn't have a fan. An incubator with a fan is called a forced air incubator. The fan circulates the air and keeps everything a nice, even temperature. With a still air incubator this doesn't happen so you incubate at a different temperature than you do with a forced air incubator and you have to be on alert for pockets of different temperatures in different places of the incubator.

9. Spottie

Spottie New Egg

Apr 27, 2014
    Thanks for the info.

10. SouthernMDChick

SouthernMDChick New Egg

Mar 1, 2015
    I set my eggs on Friday February 20th so its been 10 Days and they are in a forced Air Incubator this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by