1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Eggs are Cheeping!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SunnyChic, Apr 22, 2009.

1. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    OMG! My eggs are cheeping; my eggs are cheeping! *jumps up out of chair to do happy dance* [​IMG]
    I've been busy today getting the chicks' brooder ready (testing temp,etc.), and since the hatcher is right next to the brooder, I've been looking for a pip all day (it's day 20). I didn't see anything just now, so I opened the hatcher real quick, picked up the half egg carton with 6 eggs in it (I have 12 in the hatcher), put it to my ear, and a little chick cheeped. I'm over the moon!! [​IMG] I hope they hatch ok. [​IMG] This is about the most exciting thing, ever!
    I just had to share; can you tell it's my first time? [​IMG]

2. Biddieacres

Biddieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    I am so excited for you! That is awesome. I am going through my first hatch too! If I heard a peep I would be so excited. So happy for you. [​IMG]

3. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    YAY !!! congrats! I have a cheeping egg too, except we're on day 24!!! lol They knew they were going in the trash tommrow, so they decided it would be better to come out!!! Good Luck!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by