My eggs are starting to hatch!! update! one is out :)

I know this is a very old post but I'm haveing the same thing happen with 3 of my goose eggs an im freakin out should I let them be mom had been sitting on them for 3 days an got up today I checked the eggs an 3 has ooze ?? I cleaned them an they are ozeeing still kinda smell too????
They aren't any good if oozing sounds like they maybe rotten. I'd take them out and clean out the nest real good then put the remaining eggs back in and let mom take over. you can't leave them they will cause bacteria to get into the good eggs and also draw ants and no telling what else.

Last edited:
I would candle and sniff before chucking them, but would definitely investigate and not just leave them if they are bad.
I agree with candling but if they are oozing and smelly that isn't a good sign so get them out of the nest. If they explode your really going to have a mess.

Last edited:
I know this is a very old post but I'm haveing the same thing happen with 3 of my goose eggs an im freakin out should I let them be mom had been sitting on them for 3 days an got up today I checked the eggs an 3 has ooze ?? I cleaned them an they are ozeeing still kinda smell too????

I don't know a lot about hatching, but I'm pretty sure if they smell bad, then you should throw them away.

I agree with candling but if they are oozing and smelly that isn't a good sign so get them out of the nest. If they explode your really going to have a mess.

^ THIS! If that stuff gets on the newborns they will die! Those rotten eggs are chock full of concentrated bacteria, that could include salmonella and several strains of bacteria found in poop. Toss them immediately!

Back
Top Bottom