My eggs arrived - Day question?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bil, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    My wife just called and said that my eggs arrived, and it looks like they all made it safe and sound. [​IMG][​IMG]

Will be letting them sit tonight and putting them in the incubator tomorrow morning.

So, let me see if I get this right. Since I will be putting them in the incubator tomorrow morning (the 20th), that will be day 1, right? I remember reading somewhere say if I put them in this evening, tomorrow would still be day 1.

So day 21 will be March 12?

No one told me there would be math involved with chickens!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    From what I've read here on the forum, as long as you put them in very early in the morning it should count as day 1. Maybe other more experienced forum members will chime in to give you a 2nd opinion though. [​IMG]

3. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes if you put them in first thing in the morning you would count that as day 1.

4. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Thanks everybody. We ended putting them in late last night (they had sat around for 12 hours so we thought that would be good). Also we were just too excited! [​IMG]

Bil

5. Chickapooh23

Chickapooh23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    Corning OH
    I guess I do it different. I count the first day as 0 and start counting the days after it is past with hatch being on the 13 of March. Maybe I am doing it wrong I usually don't get them in the incubator until around noon though.

OK, I set my eggs on Feb 8th around 10:00 am and am planning on a hatch on Mar 1st. Is this wrong?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by