My eggs haven't lost enough weight but I can hear them squeaking (pip?) on day 28! Anything I should do?

gansemagd

Hatching
May 11, 2022
Hi, I have two young adult rescue geese (toulouse?). I researched and read up and put 5 eggs in a Little Giant incubator this spring but I fear they have only lost 12-13% weight each and now it's day 28. I can hear them all tapping now and one squeaking a lot/rocking. 1) Anything in particular I should do? I've read to spritz them and give them some humidity for this phase. 2) Should I put them with my mama goose outside (in her pen, there's a small pond and hutch, not closed door at night however) after a few days or raise them in a brooder for a few weeks since it's still chilly outside at night here in Maine? Also my mama goose is laying but not so broody. Thanks so much!! Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere. Nervous for my little goslings!

Attachments

• IMG_7894.jpg
    IMG_7894.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 10
if your goose isn't broody she may not take them. I'd brood them for a couple of weeks taking them outside on nice warm days so the adults can meet and greet and your there to supervise. Then just play it by ear as to when to let them be with the adults. You'll be able to tell when they have accepted them into their flock.

Back
Top Bottom