My Egyptians

Rosecomb-Ryan

East Indie Crazed
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento CA
I figured I'd Post some pictures of My Egyptians. I had the pair and they hatched 8 babies. With the 8 Babies 7 Survived, and all but 1 were females. So I only had one male. So I did some trading with a friend and got even pairs of Browns and bought a pair of Whites. They are all this years birds except the White female whom is the mother of 2 of the Browns ( A pair) They are currently free ranging in our back yard. The original pair isn't in the pic but I figured I'd post some pics! Enjoy! All have clipped wings except one Male who does circles around the neighborhood and lands back in the yard or in the pool. They are SUCH cool birds. Im wondering whats going to happen when they all start breeding..... ? This will be interesting....
067-1.jpg

066-2.jpg

071-2.jpg

072-2.jpg

047-1.jpg

Those are beautiful birds. I wanted to get into Egyptian geese at one point but was told that they were _extremely_ aggressive toward other birds. Is your flock living together without any problems? Do you have any other birds that they may pick on?

They are just with eachother but are very nice birds. I only have 2 pairs old enouph to breed and they stay away from eachother. (The white and a brown pair.) As you can see the whites hang out with the juviniles. ? They can be mean. I had them kill a female Cayuga before. My pairs know who is boss and they stay in different parts of the yard. They like have their own territories. Now I have a Question... I wonder how well they would hatch under a Muscovy? Does anyone know?

They are all nice geese.

They are beautiful and healthy looking birds. I can see no reason why they couldn't be hatched and raised by muscovies. I am afraid that next Spring all heck will break loose in your goose pen. That many breeding pairs of Egyptians is probably a guarantee of mayhem. If you have a significant area for them to live in, it may work; however, I am afraid of warfare where several birds attack one individual or pair. As you have learned they can be extremely aggressive, and when they attack it is frequently to the death.

R-R, your birds are beautiful. I too had thought about getting some until I heard how agressive they can be. I spoke with a lady at a show this summer and she said hers are very mild and gentle, but she pays lots and lots of attention to them..

Back
Top Bottom