My Emu Egg is Rocking !!!!

That is sooo cute all strippy cuteness
love.gif

chickenzoo, I have a question:

If, when turning an emu egg, is it a good sign if the egg feels like it's heavier on one 'side' than the other?
I swear, when I was turning it, it felt like it jumped out of my hand due to being heavier in one area.

Quote:
The Gqf website ( https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/1202 1250 Cabinet model instructions.pdf PAGE 5) says final day of egg rotation is 44-46 days. Its says 70% humidity and requires 96-96.5 degrees for the last 3 days.. I dont know if the temp will hurt it, however, there is NO way i would waste 40-50 days or electricity, time, and energy to chance it with a higher temp and lose the embryo. Keeping it a stable temp will probably ensure better hatching results.. just my 2 cents.

I thought humidity is supposed to be 30%

that post is wrong..I am not sure how many times I've corrected this exact same post...they do NOT say 70% humidity on the GQF website..they say "70F - as in... wet bulb"....that is just under 30% humidity with a temperature of 97F.
roll.png

Dan

Last edited:
Have two Emu eggs in bator also. Going to be hatching week of newnan show. I won't be here
sad.png

I have been running my bator at 100.1 but it sits outside on a covered porch. Hope they are okay....

Back
Top Bottom