my experience with ordering chicks through purely poultry

The email I received from Purely Poultry was sent at 10:52 pm at night on April 7 (official notification that the chicks had been shipped ) The post master called at 8 am next morning but DIDN'T leave me a message.I wouldn't have known it was the post office that called me if I didn't have their number programmed in my phone. So I called the post office back but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone . Anyway, I hurried and got dressed then drove down there not even knowing why they called and arrived at the post office 5 minutes after it opened.I could hear my chicks peeping as I walked in the door.Please tell me how my chicks got from Wisconsin that fast?

They emailed me right away, but I had to actually email them back for a tracking number. for me though they were in the mail a full 72 hours. They also didn't add any grow gel to the box that I could see. And I never got any extra chicks that so many other people have reported getting with their orders. All in all I ended up with 2 chicks of what I actually ordered. Hopefully them surviving all this means they will pass on some hardy genes to their offspring.
I'm sorry you're going thru this.I can't imagine how disappointed you must be to get sick chicks and the wrong breed all in the same order.

The email I received from Purely Poultry was sent at 10:52 pm at night on April 7 (official notification that the chicks had been shipped ) The post master called at 8 am next morning but DIDN'T leave me a message.I wouldn't have known it was the post office that called me if I didn't have their number programmed in my phone. So I called the post office back but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone . Anyway, I hurried and got dressed then drove down there not even knowing why they called and arrived at the post office 5 minutes after it opened.I could hear my chicks peeping as I walked in the door.Please tell me how my chicks got from Wisconsin that fast?
they most likely were in the mail for a day or 2 already when they had emailed you, I have heard some people get there shipping conformation email a day later then they actually ship.

I'm sorry you're going thru this.I can't imagine how disappointed you must be to get sick chicks and the wrong breed all in the same order.
yea I was quite disappointed, but they did seem to have good customer service, though took them several days to get back to me, but they did offer their condolences and refunded me my entire order. So I cant say they are a terrible company, just I guess didn't get lucky with ordering chicks online from them.

yea that's the thing purely poultry does, they are a drop shipper for chicks, that's why I want to find a local source for buying the chicks or adults. I have made multiple posts in different places looking for some, but I got one response from someone and the person they were thinking of retired. I did find an email for some here in Washington but again they wont have any breeding pairs until fall, and even then, I would be stuck with a bunch of males.

huh that's good to know, either way, they are definitely not as prolific as a lot of other chicken breeds. but they are definitely beautiful birds. and I thought I saw on a map that Ideal was further east from the hatchery that sent me my Sebrights.
Ther are a ton of "chicken" groups on Facebook but I'm not on Facebook myself soI can't help you sorry .I deleted my Twitter account first . Facebook would be a good place to search because so many people are on there...

Well Ideal shipped from their location in Texas to my post office in Upstate NY. They shipped them out the night before they were supposed to leave, so a tuesday, and thursday morning they arrived. They are all healthy little fluffball LF cochins.

An update on my talking to the company, they have agreed to give me a full refund for the entire order since I have had so much trouble with keeping all the chicks alive on top of not getting half the correct chicks. the customer service agent I talked to was very kind and respectful as well.
Glad the company did the right thing. ...and gave you a complete refund...🤔? Did that include your shipping cost?

Back
Top Bottom